Thursday, November 15, 2007

Collaborate


Allow me to brag about my awesome boyfriend for a minute. He is an incredibly talented musician. He creates really cool drawings (check some of them out on Etsy). He learned to knit after I showed him how just one time. He always brings me flowers to fill the beautiful vases he made me. And he's incredibly funny and fun to be around.

I could go on and on, but I really just wanted to talk about my collaboration with him to create some rings using his artwork. He created some drawings that I could cut into small portions to incorporate into my rings. I'm still working on the prototype, so I'm not exactly sure how the finished product will turn out, but I'm excited to find out. I've made the ring and poured the first part of the resin. I just have to wait for that to finish hardening, and then I'll add his drawing and top that with more resin. I've coated the drawing with mod podge, so hopefully that will be enough to keep it looking nice in the resin. I haven't done a whole lot with making rings before, so I'm looking forward to expanding into this area of jewelry-making.

















No comments:

About Me

My photo
A journal of my creative and business endeavors.