Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas is Fun

After the Christmas rush died down, I was able to spend some time in Lancaster, PA with my boyfriend and his family. It was so great to be able to just relax without worrying about what time it was. I love to cook and bake, but I don't often have the time or opportunity to make anything really special, so Christmas Eve I decided I would make a nice breakfast. My family exchanged gifts on the Saturday before Christmas, and my sister-in-law got me an awesome cookbook called For Chocolate Lovers by the Tanner brothers. Definitely an appropriate gift for me. The very first recipe caught my eye immediately: "Banana and Chocolate Souffle Pancakes". I decided I needed to make this, and Christmas eve would be the perfect time. It ended up being a little time consuming, but that was okay, because I was having fun.

Here they are right before going into the oven. I made the pancakes larger, and perhaps thicker, than I was supposed to, since it was supposed to make 12 and I only got 4 out of it, but that was okay. I also think I filled them a little fuller than I was supposed to, but that was okay, too, because the filling was heavenly.






















Here they are right after they came out of the oven. Mmmmmmm... melty, gooey, banana and chocolate goodness!





























Even my mug of delicious coffee was eyeing up the goodies:
















Hopefully the next time won't take me as long to make them, since I'll know what I'm doing.... and there will be a next time!

4 comments:

Kate said...

Oh man, that looks so incredibly good! And think of all the possibilities for other fillings!

CSD Faux Finishing said...

They look too yummy & I am with kate...already thinking of all the other yummy things that could go in there :)

Esma said...

Yeah, I agree it could be fun to experiment with. The souffle part has a great vanilla flavor that would be delicious with lots of other things added.

Anonymous said...

wow. that looks yummy!! i like your coffee cup too!-Amber (dottles on etsy)

About Me

My photo
A journal of my creative and business endeavors.