Thursday, December 6, 2007

Snow and Resin

Wow, December has barely started and we've already had our first snowfall! I wouldn't mind it so much if I could just stay home with some hot cocoa and look out at the prettiness, but having to go out and drive in it makes it not as much fun. This was my backyard yesterday afternoon:











I finally got around to step 2 of my resin ring, which was encasing Durelle's artwork under another layer of resin. I had to trim around the edges of the drawing a little, but I think I should have added another coat of Mod Podge after doing that. It seems some of the resin soaked into the paper, and I'm guessing that is the reason. It hardened up nicely, though, which makes me happy. I'll have to add another layer of resin because it doesn't quite come up to the top, so I will update again after I've done that and polished it up. (Sorry for the dark, blurry photos... I wasn't much in a photo editing mood today :)

























While I was at it with the resin, I decided to do a trial run of a project that I've had on the back burner for quite some time... drawer pulls! I poured the first layer and it has hardened up nicely, so now it just needs the second layer. You can't quite tell in the photo, but the first layer is a dark plumb color, so I'll have to decide what other color I want to pair with it.













1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet those drawer pulls are going to be awesome! Im adding your blog to my list of blog favorites!

About Me

My photo
A journal of my creative and business endeavors.