Friday, December 28, 2007

Loose Leaf

I'm sitting here enjoying loose leaf for the first time in my life, so I thought I should share how delicious it is. I'm normally a coffee drinker, but I've been intrigued by loose leaf tea for some time now. I was really excited when I opened a Christmas gift from my parents that included an adorable teapot/cup and loose leaf tea! My mother brought some Darjeeling tea back from her trip to India. I was a little skeptical drinking it without sugar or honey, but it actually has a really nice flavor, and I don't feel it needs the added sweetness.













Here is the cute little teapot my mom picked up in London with painted scenes of the city. The cup fits under the teapot, which warms it before pouring the tea into it.













I'm really looking forward to trying lots of other kinds of teas. What a nice, relaxing way to start the weekend!

4 comments:

Sugarloaf said...

What a great gift!! I love loose leaf yerba mate tea. I used to drink it all the time in Brazil.

Glassprimitif said...

I recommend Earl Grey and Assam too. I'm addicted to tea drinking!

Esma said...

Thanks for the suggestions... I'll add these to my list to try.

lnielsen said...

I love loose leaf teas as well. Just started getting into it for health reasons. But, I'm wondering if I can mix it with maybe powder tea? Perhaps, with something like this:
matcha
Would appreciate your input, thanks~

About Me

My photo
A journal of my creative and business endeavors.